Disciplinary proceeding is a part and parcel of HR professional life. It is indeed a very sensitive and tricky subject where mistakes can result in errant employees going scot free even after commiting offence or violating rules.
Its very necessary to conduct an unbaised domestic enquiry before taking any punitive action against an employee.
The steps are:
1. Issuing a charge sheet
2. Getting a reply to the charge sheet.
3. Appointing an Enquiry Officer.
4. Conducting the enquiry.
Please note that while conducting the enquiry adequate opportunity should be given to the delinquent to defend himself. and the same should be recorded.
5. Preparation of the Enquiry report.
6. Award of punishment by the punishing authjority.
7. If needed the accused can appeal before the appealing authority.
8. The decision of the appealing authiority tends to be final
I am enclosing a Domestic Enquiry write up and pdf of overview of domestic inquiry , which will help all HR in dealing with Disciplinary proceeding where domestic enquiry forms an integral part.
Suggestions and Comments are expected.
Click here for
An overview of Domestic enquiry